Blurred video of last Friday's shooting of 50 people at mosques in Christchurch has again been played at a rally in support of the Turkish President, Tayyip Erdogan.
The screening happened two hours after Foreign Minister Winston Peters said he understood such footage was no longer being shown.
Mr Erdogan paused his speech at an election rally in the central province of Konya so that the audience could watch the video footage of the shootings that the accused gunman broadcast on Facebook on 15 March.
He has shown different versions of the video about a dozen times throughout the week, including on Thursday.
The video, which governments and social media sites have attempted to take down since the incident, was blurred but the gun shots were heard.
Mr Peters met Mr Erdogan in Istanbul late Saturday.
He later told reporters he did not ask Mr Erdogan to stop showing the video of the shooting because he understood its screening at election rallies had stopped.
"I did not ask that question because I felt that I did not have to ask it, because they are not doing that anymore," Mr Peters told reporters after his meeting with Mr Erdogan.
Earlier in a speech during a meeting of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation in Istanbul (OIC), Mr Erdogan thanked the people and authorities of New Zealand for their sensitivity and determination against the attack.
He praised the reaction and empathy shown by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
Mr Peters flew to Turkey for what he calls "substantial" talks after earlier comments by Mr Erdogan over the killings sparked a diplomatic spat.
Mr Erdogan called on New Zealand to restore the death penalty and has repeatedly shown video footage of the shootings that the accused gunman broadcast on Facebook.
Mr Erdogan, who is seeking to drum up support for his party in local elections, said earlier in the week that Turkey would make the attacker pay if New Zealand did not.
The Turkish president has threatened to send back "in caskets" anyone who tried to take the battle to Istanbul.
'A day that changed our country' - Peters
Mr Peters told the OIC meeting in an emergency session that Friday's attack had changed New Zealand.
"A day that changed our country - a day when a coward not from New Zealand attempted to terrorise us and tear us apart.
"Last Friday in Christchurch, New Zealand, at worship on their holy day within the sanctuary of the mosque, our Muslims were attacked in an utterly callous and cowardly act of terrorism.
"Fifty people were murdered. Fifty more were wounded. Many are still hospitalised." Mr Peters said.
The victims, he said, would get the full support of the New Zealand government.
"Our government is providing every support to the living victims of this despicable attack. We will look after them.
"Ensuring Muslim communities in New Zealand feel safe and secure is a particular focus. Police stand guard outside all mosques to ensure people can pray in peace. And there is an elevated police presence throughout the country.
Mr Peters said the attack would not change New Zealand's essential nature.
"This horrific attack cannot shake those core values, because this is who New Zealanders are.
"We have been overwhelmed by messages of sympathy, of support and of solidarity that have come from our friends all across the world.
"We have been humbled to have the global Muslim community stand with us in our bleakest hour. "
The man accused of the shooting would be held accountable, he said.
"This person will face the full force of New Zealand law, and will spend the rest of his life in isolation in a New Zealand prison," Mr Peters said, adding later that "misinterpretations" in the days following the shooting had been cleared up following his meeting with Mr Erdogan and the OIC.